Aliens Vs Predator Patch #3
Rebelion has issued another large patch for Aliens Vs Predator, their most recent first person shooter. While there’s no new maps in this update it does have quite a few small features and bug fixes.
* In multiplayer damage from the Predator Smart Disc has been reduced, unless it’s a headshot.
* In multiplayer minor hits from the Predator Plasma Caster bolts will no longer knock down enemies.
* When joining a dedicated server on which a round is in-progress you now have a limited time to choose your species/team and skin before entering the game, if the game mode and server settings allow this.
– Fixed clients not always being correctly notified that the game had ended.
– Improvements to the networking code used in dedicated server games to increase stability and reduce pings.
– DX11 optimisation when using tessellation
– Fixed DX11 gamma controls on NVIDIA boards
– Return to the server browsing screen instead of top-level menu when you fail to join a server
– Fixed the lobby timer not always displaying correctly on clients.
– Improved ‘SayTeam’ console command
– Improvements to ranked matchmaking
– Fixed occasional problems with peer-to-peer games after playing on a dedicated server
– Fixed rare multiplayer bug where all players would be disconnected during level load if just one of them had a network problem during the load.
– Fixed a cause of clients sometimes getting disconnected when pressing ALT+TAB or ALT+ENTER on the end-game scoreboard.
– Fixed predators being able to cancel other players Plasma Caster Lock-on.